This requirement covers non-commercial driver's licenses and ID cards. Commercial drivers please visit Transfer Out-of-State Commercial Driver's License.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old or 17 years old with an equivalent class C driver's license.
- Any out-of-state driver's license/permit/ID card must be surrendered.
- The out-of-state driver's license must be valid or expired less than 2 years.
- Pass Vision Exam.
- Documentation showing your identity, residential address, full social security number, and U.S. citizenship or proof of lawful status in the United States. Please refer to Secure ID for more information.
- Current out-of-state driver's license.
- If the applicant previously was issued a driver's license/permit/ID card in another state, and that card has been lost or stolen, the applicant must provide a certified copy of his or her driving record or motor vehicle report from the state that issued the card. The MVR must be dated within the last 30 days. The DDS does not accept uncertified copies printed from websites, but a fax may be sent to the DDS directly from the other state agency.
- All documents must be in English.
FEES and TERMS - Select for Details.